• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 gnomeone

gnomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 12:03 AM

I have setup my Dual tuner, gone through a channel scan and channels are found and recognized. When I try to view any channel, I get the "Tuning" message, the "loading" message, then a "loading timed out" message.  It reports a strong antenna signal but will not display the shows.

The tuner is recognized by the router but the name it assigns just uses the device mac address.

I have a U-verse gateway and with multiple switches between the router and the tuner. It is probably a network issue but I do not have the knowledge to know what to change with the router or my setup to get it to work.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Customer service acknowledged my email about this issue but I have not received any help.

Thanks.

#2 MeeBee

MeeBee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 03:42 PM

If this is your first time setting it up, I would wait another day or so.  The company is busily trying to restore accounts after the maintenance update debacle.  I'm surprised they even acknowledged your email, with the amount of emails they're probably still getting.

#3 gnomeone

gnomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 10:15 PM

Thanks MEEBEE. I did the set up originally about 3 weeks ago. I don't know if the email response was a form letter or not. 

I was one of the recent new members so I did have to go through several of the steps to re-enter my info and set up the tuner again after their server issues this week. I also have to email to get my premier membership re-instated.

I have yet to be able watch any shows using my Simple.TV tuner however. 

#4 zerzat

zerzat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 02:52 PM

Any solution? I seem to have the same problem but just activated my DVR so not sure if it is related to maintenance update

#5 gnomeone

gnomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 05:25 PM

No solution yet. I have been emailed that they are working to find a solution but nothing so far. 

#6 gnomeone

gnomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 March 2015 - 08:18 PM

AT&T replaced my U-verse gateway today. My timeout issue is not coming from the gateway as far as I can tell. My only other thing to try is moving the Simple.TV tuner out from behind the network switches. This causes a problem on my antenna setup. It get the tuner closer to the router I have to move it further from the antenna which would weaken the signal. I could also spend lots more time and money and install a network central trunk to remove the switches from the network. I just don't know if it would make a difference.

#7 KeithSimpleTV

KeithSimpleTV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:00 PM

Thanks MEEBEE. I did the set up originally about 3 weeks ago. I don't know if the email response was a form letter or not. 

I was one of the recent new members so I did have to go through several of the steps to re-enter my info and set up the tuner again after their server issues this week. I also have to email to get my premier membership re-instated.

I have yet to be able watch any shows using my Simple.TV tuner however. 

Yes, the only time I've ever received an email was their mass email when they had that problem in January. Otherwise, you're on your own.

#8 KeithSimpleTV

KeithSimpleTV

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:02 PM

If this is your first time setting it up, I would wait another day or so.  The company is busily trying to restore accounts after the maintenance update debacle.  I'm surprised they even acknowledged your email, with the amount of emails they're probably still getting.

A day or so, really? I wish that were true, I could live with that.

#9 MeeBee

MeeBee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 17 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

That's been the case for me on several occassions when I've needed assistance.  I've seen on the forums that is not uncommon.  However I've also seen that once they run into a harder issue, then they're responses start getting more rare.

#10 gnomeone

gnomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 09 May 2017 - 05:21 PM

I left my Simple.TV on the self unused until today. I decided that I would give it one more try. I changed my setup a bit too. I finally found a "sweet spot" for a dedicated antenna and we increased our internet speed. (A tech support agent had reduced our speed without my understanding that was what was happening!) 

I'm now able to tune in even the weaker channels-no errors so far! There was a few "jumps" in the streaming but nothing major yet. I have setup a recording to test the DVR for tomorrow so I can test watching through device apps. Since Microsoft no longer makes it easy to use my PC to record TV I have high hopes for the Simple.TV.

#11 MeeBee

MeeBee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 06:44 PM

Good luck genomeone.  Report back on how things go.

#12 gnomeone

gnomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 10:29 AM

I'm amazed! I added my Roku stick to the device list for my Simple.TV. I got very good results at 2:00 a.m. with very few other devices being used on my network. The recording I viewed using the Roku app was, while not HD quality, very good. The live TV streaming was not even VGA quality however. But I can get live TV direct from the antenna so using the Simple.TV/Roku app to watch live TV isn't necessary.

There were the occasional pauses in the stream but nothing major like buffering.   

Now I have another way to record TV shows!

#13 JimM

JimM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 27 May 2017 - 04:46 AM

re: Loading Timed Out with Watch.  What am I missing?

I can no longer Watch recorded shows under Win10/Chrome or Win10/Firefox with or without Silverlight and with/without Beta.  I get "Loading Timed Out" message instead.

I can playback w/ Roku and my Android tablet.  I have a STV gen1 box.

I previously could playback with Windows/Chrome but have not done so for many months (I'm now trying to set up Win/Chrome for another family member).

Am I missing a plug-in?  Cheers (if anyone is still listening), -JimM

#14 gnomeone

gnomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 09:59 PM

JimM I tested it with Chrome browser on a Win 10 PC and got the same problem. There was some issues with Chrome on my Win 7 PC also. Firefox on the Win & had the same issues as Chrome. Both buffered. (This could be my PC, though.It is running slowly right now.)

I tested Opera browser on the Win 10 PC and it worked great. Try Opera to see if you get better results. If nothing else has changed, like your internet speed, it is probably the browsers.  Good luck.

#15 JimM

JimM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 28 May 2017 - 03:58 AM

JimM I tested it with Chrome browser on a Win 10 PC and got the same problem. There was some issues with Chrome on my Win 7 PC also. Firefox on the Win & had the same issues as Chrome. Both buffered. (This could be my PC, though.It is running slowly right now.)

I tested Opera browser on the Win 10 PC and it worked great. Try Opera to see if you get better results. If nothing else has changed, like your internet speed, it is probably the browsers.  Good luck.

Thanks for the help.  Yes, I can playback w/ win10-Opera (beta box checked) & with win10-MS-Edge.  

Win10-Chrome still does not work (and there is no beta box to check under Chrome).

I previously updated MS-Silverlight but Opera did not recognize it on my system and wanted me to download it again.  Instead, I checked the Beta box (only on Opera) and Opera started playing.

Who knows?  -JimM

#16 gnomeone

gnomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:10 AM

JimM-Microsoft often makes updates that can affect the way any other program may work. Chrome has had a very difficult time recognizing some programs that can be opened through the browser-i.e. itunes. I got a Twitter response once from Chrome customer service "that sometimes it takes a while for updates to be rolled out. Be patient." But it may never be fixed the way you need. But personally I wait for the final version of an update and don't mess with the hassles of beta versions unless necessary.

Is there a specific reason to use Chrome over Opera?

#17 gnomeone

gnomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 12:15 AM

JimM

P.S. The standard "fix it" for Chrome is to clear your cookies in the settings. Have you tried this?

#18 JimM

JimM

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 29 May 2017 - 03:37 AM

JimM

P.S. The standard "fix it" for Chrome is to clear your cookies in the settings. Have you tried this?

No change ... still get loading timed out msg w/ Win10/64-Chrome.

I cleared all cookies and re-launched Chrome.  Previously used latest CCleaner.

If you can Watch STV shows with Chrome, let us know your setup.  Thanks -JimM

#19 gnomeone

gnomeone

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 29 May 2017 - 10:17 PM

Chrome does not work well for me either now on Win 7 64 bit. Not at all on win 10 64 bit. PC specs did not matter. Chrome worked before the latest Windows security updates after May 11.

Opera still works.

I have Uverse broadband at 45 Mbps currently. (It was at 18 Mbps when I made the first post here.) My Simple.TV is at the far end of my wired network on a dedicated antenna. There can be anywhere from 3 devices to 10 + devices using the network at one time. I can watch any recorded TV with only minor buffering on a Fire TV or Roku device. I cannot get live TV through those devices that is worth watching.

This may be an issue with Simple.TV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users