• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jerryrs

jerryrs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2017 - 06:49 PM

So I recently purchased an STV2 on ebay and got it setup on my network. I am connecting to my STV2 using an Ethernet cable connected directly to my router.  I have Gigabit fiber internet service so there should be no throughput issues.  However, whenever I try to watch live tv, the feed will constant stop and rebuffer.  If I try to watch a recording the feed will skip and repeat sections repeatedly.

I'm not sure if this is a problem with my used STV2 box, the hard drive, or maybe this is just the performance I can expect with this box.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Jerry

#2 MeeBee

MeeBee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:50 AM

Definitely not the performance that is expected on an STV2 unit.

How are you watching the recording?  Roku3/4, iOS, Android, browser?  

Also what type of hard drive?

#3 jerryrs

jerryrs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 08:06 PM

Tried watching on a Roku 3 and a Roku Premiere+ same experience. Hard drive is a Toshiba Canvio USB Drive. 750GB.

#4 MeeBee

MeeBee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 03:54 PM

Could it be your antenna?  If you're getting stops and starts on the live feed, then the recording won't be reliable.  Try also on the browser to see if it's the same experience.

#5 jerryrs

jerryrs

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 July 2017 - 07:20 PM

So if I connect the antenna directly to the TV I do not see the stuttering. If I connect the antenna to the simple.tv it stutters. 

Today I tried bringing home an hdhomerun connect unit thinking the issue could be my hardware since it was used.  I seem to be experiencing the same issue of stuttering no matter what channel I select.

#6 MeeBee

MeeBee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 06:24 AM

If the issue is on any channel, then it probably is not the antenna.

I would now look at the hard drive.  Do you have another one to try?

If that proves out, then it may be good to look at the power supply, although that seems to be more flaky on the STV1.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users