• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 SimpleEyes

SimpleEyes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 02 October 2013 - 12:18 PM

We have decided to ditch Simple.TV and my wife couldn't be happier. After a rather disappointing year with the device and poor customer service support we were faced with a great offer for something else.

Simple.TV had a lot of promise but in the end it just wasn't worth all the hassle.

Perhaps the new Simple.TV device and interface will be a lot better, but I won't be along for that ride. I don't want to wait around for them to implement features that will never come.  Simple.TV is a company that I will no longer support.

I would like to say though that the community of consumers who has backed the Simple.TV were mostly great and helpful people. We all tried to fix issues that came about for the other users in the hopes that they could have an enjoyable experience so that the device would succeed.  My thanks goes out to the community for being patient with one another.

• Kath likes this

#2 DaveMM

DaveMM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 11:17 AM

I was wondering if you wouldn't mind elaborating on what the "great offer for something else" is?

Thanks.

#3 SimpleEyes

SimpleEyes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:59 PM

Don't get me wrong, simple.tv can be promising if you're willing to put the time in and get it to work with OTA. With that said, we live in an area and place where OTA is not allowed (renting) and not exactly optimal. With that said we were using Simple.tv with a cable sub in order to save on a DVR.

Basically the "great deal" was for us to switch to a satellite provider that included a DVR and all the channels in HD for $49 as the basic cable package we were getting (mostly SD channels and no DVR for $47). It's just a lot easier for my wife to use and less headaches for me as a result.  Rather than pay for another year of service for the Simple.TV on the side, we get everything we wanted in one package. We save the 12$ a month we would have paid for the simple.TV guide service.

#4 optikhog

optikhog

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 08 October 2013 - 02:21 AM

$12!?  Sorry, but you were getting ripped off if you were paying $12/month for Simple.TV.  The annual subscription is $59.

=-=-=-=-=-=

Current Simple.TV unit count: 1

#5 m5cents

m5cents

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 October 2016 - 01:25 AM

Does anyone have trouble recording shows and then when you go to play them back they won't play?  I have deleted more shows in the last 2 weeks because they won't play back when I want to watch them.

#6 MeeBee

MeeBee

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 10 October 2016 - 07:51 AM

Curious that you would add to this thread....

Sudden instances of Incomplete, non-playing, or failed recordings can usually mean that the signal is not good.  Have you made changes to your antenna or networking lateley? 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users