• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Tummy

Tummy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:02 PM

I can't figure out how to tune to a channel.  It shows me a grid of shows, but I just want to go to a particular channel.

Thanks.

#2 wizwor

wizwor

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 28 January 2014 - 06:14 PM

Assuming you are using the web interface, select the home tab and the channels should be down the left side.  Click one to open that channel.  If you clicked the home tab and do not see a channel list on the left, click guide or my shows then click home again.

#3 plumaslaker

plumaslaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:49 PM

I don't believe the ability to go to a specific channel is available in the iPad app.  You can only browse by show.

#4 darcilicious

darcilicious

Very Darcilicious

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 03:54 PM

I don't believe the ability to go to a specific channel is available in the iPad app.  You can only browse by show.

This.

And. I. Hate. It.

Alternatively, you can go to the website in a browser in the iPad and use the website interface to select a specific channel to tune to :)

• Cravit8 likes this

#5 Tummy

Tummy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:07 PM

Assuming you are using the web interface, select the home tab and the channels should be down the left side.  Click one to open that channel.  If you clicked the home tab and do not see a channel list on the left, click guide or my shows then click home again.

Sorry, but I posted under iPad section so you should assume I'm talking about the iPad app.

#6 Tummy

Tummy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2014 - 09:08 PM

This is crazy.  What are they thinking?  I would consider this a very basic use case.  Do they not have any user experience designers? 

#7 litzdog911

litzdog911

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:16 PM

I agree.  Before the new Guide software a few weeks back, it used to show you a Guide arranged by channel number, not just a grid of pictures/shows.  With this new iPad Guide, when the Guide data is incomplete, like it often is for "lesser" subchannels, it's impossible to know what channel you're tuning to.  Crazy.  Hope they bring back that view!

#8 Cravit8

Cravit8

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:22 AM

I agree.  Before the new Guide software a few weeks back, it used to show you a Guide arranged by channel number, not just a grid of pictures/shows.  With this new iPad Guide, when the Guide data is incomplete, like it often is for "lesser" subchannels, it's impossible to know what channel you're tuning to.  Crazy.  Hope they bring back that view!

Not a fix by any means, but when you tap a grid box, it will open a lineup page and you can see which broadcast station it is, e.g., WNBW in small print.

#9 uncwtaz1

uncwtaz1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

I'm not sure if I like it, they could at least maybe put the channel number under the icon.  But the Android application is the exact same way too.  The roku shows the show name too but atleast under the picture of the show it shows the channel name and number too.  Maybe they can update the application in the future to include this.    

#10 Dimwit.Tv

Dimwit.Tv

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts
  • LocationThe Right Coast

Posted 16 March 2014 - 10:34 AM

This is crazy. What are they thinking? I would consider this a very basic use case. Do they not have any user experience designers?

yes, what genius came up with this idea?

#11 LiNM

LiNM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 19 April 2014 - 03:45 AM

I'm not sure if I like it, they could at least maybe put the channel number under the icon.  But the Android application is the exact same way too.  The roku shows the show name too but atleast under the picture of the show it shows the channel name and number too.  Maybe they can update the application in the future to include this.    

This would certainly be one way to do this. I thought I was the only one going crazy on the iPad and iPhone app trying to see how to tune into a channel. Having a channel number would certainly be helpful. Going to the web interface to do so is a workaround but its not a long-term solution to this problem. I would like to see this addressed in the apps.

#12 stonefam

stonefam

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 02:23 PM

When you are trying to record a show or a series through the iPad app, is the down arrow mean it set to record or the Square? where are the iOS instructions for this app?

#13 buzzwang360\

buzzwang360\

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2015 - 10:05 AM

You'd think that if they show you a channel guide with lists of shows currently airing and coming up, that you could simply click on the channel name or the current show name and TUNE TO THAT CHANNEL. Whoever left that extremely simple and common sense functionality out of the Guide needs to be taken out back behind the woodshed and shot. Repeatedly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users